Tuesday, May 10, 2011

28 Days of Sketches - Day 1

A little out of order, but here is the layout I put together for the first sketch of 28 Days of Sketches, a class I'm taking over at Big Picture Classes.

Cardinals

I've had these photos for almost a year and purchased all the embellishments at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Des Moines last July. I finally put it together using the Day 1 sketch from the class.

The original sketch called for six photos across the middle of the page, but I modified it to five. Visually, I like the odd number. The five I used are action shots, but none of them had a clear glimpse of her face. So, I used a wallet-sized posed portrait and placed it in the bottom left corner to balance the trio of softballs in the upper right corner.

My favorite part of this LO (aside from the gorgeous subject) is the big ol' ric-rac! I love how fun it is, and it reminds me of Charlie Brown.

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics (white and red), CTMH (black)
Ric-rac, team name die-cut and embellishment transparency: Boxer Scrapbook Productions
Journaling stickers: Basic Grey

1 comment: